As with any behavioral treatment program, the child’s ultimate success is highly dependent on the commitment of the child’s entire family to adhere to the treatment plan and perhaps undergo considerable changes in lifestyle. Parents must be prepared to invest significant portions of time practicing skills with the child and or collecting data. Data collection alone can span several weeks before and after the implementation of treatment.
Behavioral consultation fees are billed on an hourly basis. Parents are additionally responsible for incidental costs, including but not limited to consultant travel or materials necessary to implement treatment.
Behavioral consultation services provide a lifeline to families seeking advice and support in navigating the everyday challenges of raising a child with special needs. The use of positive, proactive methods at the home and in the community greatly increase a family’s ability to understand, manage, and reduce the problem behaviors and life skill deficits of a child with special needs.
One For Autism is Providing:
- School and Home Workshops
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Training teachers and aids at the school
- Development of Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Development of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP’s)
- Curriculum development and application
- Parents and Home training
- Consultant for an intensive behavior intervention program designed for home and school
- Training the team of therapists working with the child
- Tutoring for children with Learning Disabilities on language and academic skills such as reading, writing, science, and math.
Who can benefit from behavioral therapy?
- Language Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Mild to Moderate MR
- Behavior Problems
Therapy is individualized, targeting behavior problems that may arise from the disability.